Friday, December 30, 2011

Finished object friday






 This week I have tried many new things. This is the one piece baby bootie. I have always heard that baby booties were extremely hard to make. And so I never attempted them. Then I found this link to the one piece baby bootie complete with a video on youtube of someone actually showing you how to do it. I am much more of a visual learner than a book learner. I still sometimes struggle reading patterns, but I can easily complete it if I can see how someone did it. the color is actually a mint green. :)
http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/2011/05/cats-one-piece-wonder-bootie-pattern.html
Once I got the hang of this pattern is was super simple. I am thinking its going to be a go to gift for future baby showers.




And the moment everyone has been waiting for.....The baby sweater! That is right. I actually completed something that someone can wear! This is by the same person as above....It is called little miss pink puff. However, I didnt have any pink so I did mine in creme color. The buttons are little hearts that I think add some color. :) I was using the creme color at first because I didnt actually know if I would be able to complete this project. It was really simple though and another pretty quick item to whip up. This is for a baby 2-5 pounds. I am glad I started with the preemie sweater.


 Above is the stitch that I learned while working on this project. It is the puff stitch. :) I love the way it looks.
Picture of the back. And the collar. I love this sweater and I am really proud of myself. I am currently working on a full size toddler sweater now. I have the first part done already. :)

For more amazing projects visit....http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! That will be one well dressed baby!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, what a lucky baby! The buttons are so cute. You should try Saartje's Booties on Ravelry.com, easy and cute too!
    I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year :0)
    willow4

    ReplyDelete